Managing the Risks of Drugs and Alcohol

Need help?

If you are concerned that you are dependent, or are becoming dependent, on drugs or alcohol, there are people and organisations that can help you. The sooner you seek help, the easier it will be to recover. It can be difficult to make the decision to seek help, but it’s an important step in the recovery process. With the right help and support, it’s possible to get drug and alcohol free and stay that way. 

If you are facing a situation in your personal or work life that is causing you to consider misusing drugs or alcohol, you should speak in confidence to your manager, supervisor, an HR representative, or the Employee Assistant Programme (EAP). Contact details for the EAP can be found below.

Help from your employer

Manager, Supervisor or HR Representative

You can speak to your line manager or HR representative. They can advise on help available from the Company. You may be referred to the Occupational Health & Wellbeing department as required.

Line Manager or HR Department You can speak to your Line Manager or an HR representative. They can advise on the help available from the Company. You may be referred to the Occupational Health Department.
Employee Assistance Programme The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is available to all Infinis employees and close family members. It provides free, confidential advice on matters relating to drug or alcohol dependency as well as other issues. You don’t have to give your name if you don’t want to.

Employee Assistance Programme Contact Information

  • Helpline: 0800 970 8040


  • Username: Infinis 
  • Password: eap4support

External help

Check your drinking

Your GP can discuss your problems with you and get you into treatment. You may be offered treatment at the practice or be referred to your local drug or alcohol service.

Adfam National

An organisation that works with and on behalf of families affected by drug and alcohol problems. Helpful for the family of the alcohol or drug user.


Al-Anon Family Groups UK & Eire provide support for anyone whose life is or has been affected by someone else’s drinking.

Alcoholics Anonymous

The largest self-help group for people who acknowledge they cannot handle alcohol and want a new way of life without it. Services are free. 

Helpline: 0800 917 7650

Alcohol Change UK

Leading UK alcohol charity formed from the merger of Alcohol Concern and Alcohol Research UK. Work for a society that is free from the harm caused by alcohol.

Cocaine Anonymous

National self-help group specifically for cocaine users. Helpline: 0800 612 0225, open 10:00am to 10:00pm, 7 days


UK charity for alcohol education offers guidance and support to manage drinking habits. Provides free, confidential advice through DrinkChat and Drinkline (0300 123 1110).


Mental health charity with helplines staffed by trained listeners. Non-judgmental support to understand feelings. Samaritans: 116 123, SANEline: 0300 304 7000.

Narcotics Anonymous

The largest self-help group for people who want to stop using drugs. Services are free. Includes details of local groups. Helpline: 0300 999 1212

Talk to FRANK

A government-funded free service offering information and sources of support. The website provides detailed information on drugs that the non-specialist can understand. Helpline: 0300 123 6600